How to contribute
If you plan to actively join development, you should get the code and compile it yourself, a guide can be found here.
All developers can be found in our chat, so if you want to get in touch with development, this is the best way to start.
If you want to contribute assets, like models, textures and audio, all parts of it have to be licensed under the terms of CC-BY-SA 4.0.
Please use the following file formats when posting art:
- .blend (Blender project format) for models
- .png for textures
- .ogg for music files
2D and 3D artwork
The development of models and textures takes place on our trello board. You have to have an account on trello.com, if you haven't got one already, sign up on the site. To post to the group, you have to be added to it. Simply ask in our chat to be added.
The asset workflow is quite simple:
- A member of the trillek dev team requests an asset by adding it to the "Assets Requested" list. The naming is "Object Name".
- If you want to work on the asset, move it to the "Assets Work in Progress" list and change the name to [Artist name]Object Name.
- Work on the object, use the attached checklist and comments to document your progress
- When the checklist is done, move the asset to the list "Assets ready for approval". The art lead will then approve the asset or give comments on changes that have to be made before approval.
- After the art lead approved an asset, the art lead moves it to the "Finished assets" list and it will be integrated into the game.
- If there are any changes to the art style or if some finished assets need to be redone, they will be placed in the "Assets to redo" list. This will need to be re-approved by the art lead.
Audio is handled a bit different to 2d and 3d art, so we haven't got a workflow for audio yet.
Please feel free to join our chat, we will find something for you to do.